Terms of Service
Guaranteed turnaround terms (Ex: 1-day and 6-day services)
In order for us to offer you our money-back guarantee, your audio must meet the following criteria:
- Your audio must be high quality. Our transcribers listen to a sampling of your audio and determine whether it meets our criteria. We can still transcribe your audio, but it might take longer because it takes the transcribers and editors longer when the audio quality is not as good.
- For 24-hour turnaround, if the audio is longer than 1 hour long it might take longer to complete.
- Audio should have four or fewer speakers.
- Audio should not have a lot of specialized terminology.
- Paying for Difficult Audio on these products DOES NOT reinstate the guarantee. It just means the turnaround will be faster, and closer to the deadline than if you didn't pay for difficult audio. Difficult audio simply takes more time, even when we put more people on the project.
- You must estimate the length of the audio file correctly. When the length is off, it takes us longer to get your order started.
- The audio must be in a supported format (MP3, WAV or RSS feed).
- If you use an URL, the URL must go directly to an audiofile, not to a download service that requires clicking on a link to download. Any audio that requires intervention by a person to process will take additional time on top of the advertised time (usually only the case for very strange audio formats.)
- You need to pay with an instant method of payment. We start the clock ticking the second we are notified that you paid for your order. If you pay by e-check, it takes a few business days to clear, and we won't be able to start on your order until then.
- If your audio is longer than you paid for, we don't start working on the file until it is paid in full. We will send a link to you to pay for the additional minutes of transcription.
If the audio is difficult, we will ask you to add on Difficult Audio to your order if you have not. If you don't want to add it, we may choose to downgrade your order in order to add on Difficult Audio (i.e. 6-day transcription becomes Budget + Difficult Audio). If you need your file as fast as humanly possible, use the difficult audio option. We cannot guarantee the turnaround, but generally it gets done very quickly except in cases with poor quality audio.
No returns and no refunds not covered under the guarantees above.